Friday, May 14, 2010

Introduce Ella to as many animals as possible.

So Ella has met exotic animals at the zoo, become all too familiar with domestic animals, a la Cosmo and the dog park, and yesterday she learned about animals with wings. 

There is this incredible little place in Central Salem, where hundreds of geese, ducks, and pigeons hang out, and people can feed them. 

I have to say, I was slightly intimidated by the 20 or so geese circling me, to receive a bit of bread.

Even so, I found it appropriate to get down to eye level.

There were a few geese brave enough to eat from my hand.
I pointed out the baby geese to Ella.  They were so adorable.  There soft down, had not yet turned into the feathers of the adults.

This goose gave Joe a nice hiss when he got too close to one of the babies.

It was truly inspiring to see all the birds living together in harmony.  It gives me faith that one day, humans may be able to live similarly. 
I really hope Ella enjoyed herself.  I want to go back and just watch their behavior, it is so fascinating.

No comments: