Friday, June 12, 2009

Gifts my daughter has given me

Even though Ella is still in the womb, she has already given me some of the most precious gifts imaginable.
*She has given me a new respect, and has renewed my sense of awe, with the female body.

**She has given me joy, everytime one of her little limbs kicks and punches, letting me know she is there.

***She has given me the opportunity to look at Joe through new eyes. To see him as he will be-as a father. It makes me cry to think about it. He will be the most wonderful, attentive, and loving father there ever was.

****She has given me an opportunity to look at myself. To search within myself and discover what I can give her. Who I want to be. What I can share.

*****She has given me a sense of the infinite. She and I, one, dependent upon, and independent of eachother. I know it will be like this forever. She will always be my daughter.

******She has given me the title of mother. The most important title in the world.

*******She has given me fear: fear of giving birth, fear of being a bad parent, fear of not being ready to be a mother, fear for her safety and well-being, and so many more. But giving me the chance to overcome these fears and gain strength.

********She has given me the gift of tears. Sometimes it feels good to just cry and goodness knows, that's never a problem for pregnant women.

*********But most of all. She has given me the gift of love. I don't even know her and I love her. She is in all of my thoughts, a moment doesn't go by where I don't feel overwhelmed with love for her. I know she is going to be a beautiful and amazing person-she is her fathers daughter after all-and I can't wait to meet her.

3 comments:

Mullothunter said...

You're are such a beautiful person, and I am such a lucky guy. I love you and am excited to bring a little bit more of you into the world... she will be beautiful just like you!

Megan Marie said...

that love is really a blessing. i haven't really felt it yet for my third and i think that is one reason i'm having such a hard time. all i have is my complaints. i'm sure after i have my fist ultrasound, it'll become more real to me. I actually keep thinking that maybe I'm not really even pregnant. It's weird. Logically though, I know that I love my boys and I will love this baby, too. I'm so glad you are gaining so much! What a gift she is!

Brieanna said...

Thanks. I felt like that at first too. For me, I really started bonding with her when a first felt that little flutter. I know you will love your new edition as well. It's hard to be excited when you don't feel well, I totally understand that. I can't wait until you find out what you're having. How far along are you?