Sunday, June 7, 2009

Live list-Portland Art Museum

Joe and I visited the Portland Art Museum this weekend.
My favorite exhibit was the Ganesha, it is the newest edition to the museum. It is a stone sculpture depicting the Asian diety of beginnings and obstacles. It is beautiful, full of lore and history, enigmatic, and has an unending layering of eastern symbolism.
Joe's favorite was a Modern piece by Sanford Biggers titled "Blossom". It is a piano that appears to be growing within a tree. The piano actually plays music.
It's truly amazing.

The art museum doesn't allow camera's, so Joe and I took a few pictures on the doorsteps of this beautiful church next door.



I love him. We had such a good time. I am becoming so pregnant. Seven months next Saturday and a little over 20pnds.
But still sassy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very fun. It's great to see you guys so happy. I finished the book. I cried, too. Thanks for lending it to me. How can I return it? OK to drop it by? Hope so.
Love you, Mom