Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Embrace the dysfunction.

One never knows where enlightenment will come from. I had absolutely no idea, when I turned on the tv to channel 181, I would find some comfort from the show "Flipping Out" with Jeffrey Lewis. Thank god for the neurotic, obsessive compulsive, no-nonsense, tell-it-like-it-is Jeffrey and his hilarious and witty staff. He embraces his dysfunction and makes no excuse for it. I love it!!! The show reminds me of my own family and makes me appreciate them even more. I am also thrilled that there are still authentic people left, he doesn't need eccentric clothes or make-up to be original, his personality speaks for itself. That has always been my motto, it's not on the outside that makes us unique, it's the craziness on the inside. Thank you Bravo, for making this show, and reminding me how much I adore the dysfunction. I love this show!!!! It's one of my new favorites. Here's a little clip, it's certainly not for everyone, but it hits right home for me.

No comments: