Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Mainly for me...

Books, books, and more books.  I need a place to list all the books I want to read, I figured what better place than a blog I rarely use, but is easily accessible, and won't clutter up my house.  Plus a few added pictures of Belle, reading and writing, getting her literary funk on.

 I can't get over how well she holds a pen...




 Is this normal for a one-year old?
Reading "Dora the explorer" with daddy.

Here be my list of books:
Freedom by Jonathon Franzen
The Corrections also by Jonathon Franzen
Say You're One of Them by Uwem Akpan
A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle (I might go buy this one tomorrow)
Where Am I Wearing by Kelsey Timmerman
Feminism in Our Time: The Essential Writings, World War II to the Present
By Miriam Schneir
Feminist Fairy Tales by Barbara G Walker
A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf
The Good Body by Eve Ensler
Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay
and all the other books in the "Dexter" series
the Courage Consort by Michel Faber
The Poe Shadow by Matthew Pearl
The Last Dickens also by Matthew Pearl
Absalom, Absalom! by William Faulkner
The Bone People by Keri Hulme

This should take me quite a while, but I have to add just a few more:

Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis
On Beauty by Zadie Smith
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith, I read this as a child
 but when I saw the book again, I thought I had to revisit it.
Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray

I think this is enough for now.  It will probably take me a good six months to read all of these, especially since I am already reading 3 books right now and I have at least 10 that are awaiting their turn on the shelf.    This list, coupled with motherhood, my full-time school schedule, and hubby time, will make me one over extended lady.

Here's to keeping things interesting. Cheers!





1 comment:

Kelsey said...

I'm honored to have made the list with such other great selections. Let me know what you think of "Where Am I Wearing?" when your done.