Saturday, August 28, 2010

10 reasons I love having a daughter

1.  I can put cute bows in her hair



2. And pink shoes on her feet
3. She is not afraid to get dirty.
4. Whenever she is excited about something, I hear this feminine, high pitched voice exclaim, "oh."  It melts my heart.
5. She has the gentleness of a women the ferocity and she always know what she wants.

6. She will never be to cool for her mom or our adventures.
7. She is kind to animals and can't get enough of them.
8. She loves nature: she picks up leaves and sways to the whispering of the trees.  The other night she pointed out the moon to me.  I was amazed at how observant she is.  So we spent some time outside staring at the stars. And now, whenever I ask her where the stars are, she points at the sky.
9.  She already has to carry around her favorite accessories.  Preparing for the day, when she will carry a purse.
                                                                    (note the fork and spoon)

10.  She reminds me of the adventurous, pure, free-spirited girl that I was.  Which just pushes me harder to give her every opportunity to excel where I have made mistakes and teach her to love, respect, and cherish the child she is and the woman she will become.

2 comments:

Megan Marie said...

awe! that last photo is so priceless. so sweet. and i love the fork and spoon.

Anonymous said...

What a great post. You are a wonderful Mom to my fantastic grandaughter. Who knew that so much joy could come from one that is so small. Thank you for sharing her and letting me be a grandma to her. I love you. Glo