Friday, January 29, 2010

A burden or A blessing: a question of perspective.

I have really struggled this week.  I have felt overwhelmed, unhappy, and run-down.  Every moment, of everyday, something or someone needed my attention.

My house needs me to clean it















Cosmo needs me to play with him, feed him, take him out to potty, retrieve his toys from under the chair...
















Ella needs me to do, well almost everything...
















Joe needs me...
















The bills need me
The taxes need me
My schoolwork needs me
And so on...

Today I was sitting outside when the thought popped into me head, "it feels nice to be needed."  I realized that my life would be so empty if it weren't for the wonderful people and things in it.  I guess the question I ask myself when I wake up every morning should be: will today's adventures be blessings or burdens?  Today it was a mixture, tomorrow...who knows, but it is up to me to make that choice.

Here are some definite blessings:

Ella went to the doctor today and she is in perfect health.  She weighs 14lbs., 1oz, and is 24 in. long.  The doctor said she is probably teething and not to worry to much about the daytime naps if she sleeps 13 hours a night.  Not worrying about her naps is such a relief, because every book I've read, says almost the opposite.

Ella is so tender and affectionate and completely adorable when she first wakes up in the morning.  Ella and I were sleeping in, and Joe came home from school, we woke up, and this was the scene.
It has to be one of the sweetest things ever. 




Ella loves Cosmo.  She tries so hard to get his attention, smiling and giggling at him every chance she gets.
She even tries to play with him.














Whenever I eat, Ella wants a taste.  She is so curious about everything I do.  She is so curious about everything.  So
naturally, I shared my pizza with her, she totally dug it.










And finally, she looks so cute doing ANYTHING!  She's growing up so fast, she now eats dinner at the table with us.
I love my little family, even when I can't take it anymore, I still need them, I would be lost without them.

1 comment:

Megan Marie said...

It's so true! I think to myself, often, that the needs never seem to stop. Like if Matt were to ask me for a foot rub at night I would break his leg because I am so done catering to everyone. Today, though, Ossi walked up to a total stranger at McDonald's and (pointing at me) yelled "MY MOMMY." That's me, I'm a mom and a wife. And you're right, it feels good to be needed.