Monday, April 12, 2010

Snowflakes that fall on my nose and eyelashes

As I walked out of my laundry room yesterday, it began to sprinkle.  I couldn't help getting caught up in that moment.

The moment where the flowers and trees sing their thank you to the rain.  They unleash some sort of chemical reaction that fills the air with the most refreshing smell: fresh rain.

It would love to be able to describe it, but it is impossible to capture it with words.  One has to experience it.  It does not linger however, it only comes with the first fifteen to thirty minutes of rainfall.  It is as illusive as a wolf, beautiful and enigmatic. So next time, when you hear the pitter-patter of raindrops, run outside, and take a deep breath of magic. 


I know that for myself: that the sun rejuvenates me,


and the fresh rain cleanses my very soul.

No comments: