Sunday, April 4, 2010

Saturday in the park with Grandma.


Better late than never, I guess.  We had a wonderful adventure with my mom last Saturday.  Joe, grandma, Ella, Cosmo and I walked to a nearby park where Ella experienced some of her firsts.

First time down a slide:
(well, maybe third time, but the first time it was caught on camera.)

First time climbing a rock wall:
I know she's looking at the camera thinking, "look what I am doing mom!"  I'm sure I was beaming, " I am so proud of you honey."  What an adventurous spirit, just like her mom.

We all joined in on the rock climbing experience.
My mom, what a cutie.
Joe, showing off his mad skills.
I climbed it also, but really enjoyed the spider web, jungle gym looking thingy.
I hadn't done this in years.  It's nice to know I've still got made jungle gymmin skills.
Cosmo joined us on the excursion but unfortunately spent some of his time like this:
That morning, he thought it was a good idea to eat some of the jewels I was using for my mosaics.  I guess that showed him. 
It was a beautiful sunny day.  I love my mother, I hope that when I am her age, I can join Ella and her family for a day in the park, and still play on the playground, and look good doing it.
It truly is the simple things. 

No comments: