Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July-Live list-Fairy tales do come true

BBQ with the family.
Today couldn't have been more perfect. The weather was beautiful, the mood- relaxed, and the company-superb. We (my mom, dad, brother, Joe's mom, dad, two younger sisters, Mackenzie, Cosmo, and of course Joe and I) all assembled at my parents for a fourth of July BBQ. We spent the afternoon laughing, telling stories, and getting to know eachother better. I am enjoying every moment of married life and all the gifts it is bringing to me. The gift of an extended family who has so much love, life, and adventure spending time with my own amazing family, it's kind of a dream come true. There was an awesome spread: chicken and steak chipotle kibobs, fruit and pasta salad, and corn on the cob, jazz music playing softly in the background, and Cosmo's wagging tail bouncing to and fro from person to person. Overall it was a perfect day. Exhausting but perfect. I can't wait until we can do it again.

Floating on the Willamette.
I did this today as well. It was quite interesting with my baby bulge and all. Wasn't sure I was going to make it when I first got on the float, the front end kind of sunk and I thought I was going to topple over but with the proper readjustments I was successful. It was pretty funny to watch, I'm sure, and I have to say, I got a kick out of it myself. Good Times.

What a wonderful day.

2 comments:

Megan Marie said...

I wish we could have been there with you!

Mullothunter said...

You are the love of my life... marry me! Cosmo was really well behaved and our families have many similar interests... how could anything go wrong... besides your dads firearms, I guess